Golf Course First Assistant Superintendent
Highland Springs Country Club 5400 Highland Springs Boulevard Springfield, MO 65809
Highland Springs Country Club is a private golf, tennis, and social club designed and operated for the exclusive pleasure and recreation of its members and their guests. Highland Springs is committed to providing premier services and facilities to its members and guests.
Highland Springs is looking to hire a First Assistant Superintendent for the Grounds and Greens team. The purpose of this position is to, under the superintendent's supervision, direct and participate in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths; supervise the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; other related work as required. The First Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Golf Course Superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
• Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
• Schedules work; supervises employees and the use of the equipment.
• Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
• Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates application equipment.
• Calibrates pesticide application equipment.
• Participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps.
• Supervises and participates in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
• Assists in personnel management and evaluation.
• Employee safety and personnel discipline.
• Maintains records associated with the grounds & greens maintenance operation.
• Oversees the employee training program.
• Safety Officer attends monthly safety meetings.
If you are interested in this position, you must apply online at the URL below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.